So far summer break has been great: a long-waited Hawaiian holiday, lots of hammock reading, editing projects, family visits–yes, an enjoyable break, that is until today.
Today the break became literally great. Well, maybe not great but enough to earn an ER visit.
Highlights of the incident:
- Renting bikes
- Exploring bike paths
- A sudden stop
- Avoiding a major bicycle pile up
- An abrupt encounter with the embankment
- Bloody knee and that sudden epiphany I’ve broken my wrist
- Thankfully I did not wipe out the grandkiddo
- The kindness of strangers is a marvel–a shout out to James
- Our smalltown ER staff is fabulous
- My hubs missed his calling as a physician’s assistant
- Life is going to be interesting the remainder of my vacation with my dominant hand in a cast
- Oh–pain meds are my new best friend
So, tommorrow it’s off to the orthopedic surgeon for assessment.
Over sixty years of surviving various risky activities and I fall off my bike and break my wrist. Sheesh–