While there are many ways to share poetry, be it by book, blog, spoken, or some such communique, I have found video posts to be like Dark Chocolate Dove Bites–savory and long-lasting.
Here is the poem:
This is Just to Say
I have eaten
that were in
you were probably
they were delicious
and so cold
William Carlos Williams
And here is the video:
The poem came alive for me in a different way once viewing the performance. I remember studying William Carlos Williams in college. I thought his poems rather mundane–I mean, he talked about wheelbarrows, chickens, plums–all ordinary stuff. And then I realized there is a cadence, a melody, in all those everyday aspects of life.
For more video poems go to:
Happy Poetry Month!!
- Coming to Terms with Poetry (cricketmuse.wordpress.com)
- Shaping Up Poetry: Concrete Poems (cricketmuse.wordpress.com)
- “Red Wheelbarrow” William Carlos Williams 1923 (lazylanguage.wordpress.com)
- Imagery Vs. Sound (zennisproject.wordpress.com)
- Spoken Poetry (cricketmuse.wordpress.com)