Loving, Living, and Liebstering
I am always glad to turn the calendar page to February for several reasons. First all, once January is past I begin to rally and anticipate spring, which, of course is next month, and spring leads into summer. Secondly, there’s Valentine’s Day, and although I’m not real keen on a forced holiday I do like that it’s about love, appreciation, and chocolate. Plus, it’s fun to see all those cute red and pink heart decorations when shopping (and there are no annoying overdone Christmas songs blasting all over).
So with my happy dance getting underway it was pleasant to open my blog notification up to see http://artsandyouthlove.wordpress.com/ had nominated me for the Liebster Award. Lovely! Thank you!!
The rules of the Liebster Award are as follows :
1. Thank your Liebster Blog Award presenter on your blog and link back to the blogger who presented this award to you.
2. Answer the 11 questions from the nominator, list 11 random facts about yourself and create 11 questions for your nominees.
3. Present the Liebster Blog Award to 11 blogs of 200 followers or less who you feel deserve to be noticed and leave a comment on their blog letting them know they have been chosen. (No tag backs)
4. Copy and Paste the blog award on your blog
- Do you like answering random questions? If given time to think about the answer, I’m okay with it.
- If you could meet anyone, who would it be? Living? Meryl Streep or Bobby McFarrin Past? Helen Keller
- If you could change your talent for another talent, what would it be? Hmm, I really like writing, and as much I would like to become a world-renowned juggler I will stick to writing, thanks anyway for the wish wand
- Do you listen to more than one genre of music? Absolutely! I’m open to pretty much everything that doesnt’ involve screaming lyrics or screaming guitars. Not too fond of opera or country music though.
- What’s your favorite junk food? Is dark chocolate junk food?
- Do you watch tv? Blech!!!!!
- How do you feel about Valentine’s Day? Hallmark induced sentimentality. Everyday is a day to express love and appreciation to people.
- What is your favorite movie genre? Old black and white comedies, especially Katherine Hepburns, Gary Coopers, Cary Grants. Don’t mind a good old John Wayne western now and then.
- What is your favorite season? Summer
- Do you find it hard to create and answer random questions? Not really, but is this really a question?
- How’s your week going? It’s Friday. Nice….
Elevensies for the next batch of nominees:
1. It’s 2pm on a sunny Saturday–where are you and what are you doing?
2. Given the choice of reading a classic novel or the latest bestseller which do you prefer?
3. Could you work in a job without a window?
4. How do you celebrate the first day of vacation?
5. Who is your favorite poet?
6. Do you think technology is affecting they way we converse with one another?
7. Here’s the magic wand–what’s your wish?
8. What country would you visit if you won the sweepstakes?
9. Which pet do you prefer–traditional (dog) or exotic (hedgehog)?
10. How many blogs do you read during the week?
11. What do you think of blog awards?
Here are my nominees (and if you are over 200 followers because I couldn’t find your follower indicator, you are still wonderfully worthy of Liebster Blogging Kudos) and I went with reading/writing-themed blogs this time:
As for the stuff about me…eh, I’ll pass for now. The sun is out after a long absence and it’s time to walk around the block for a dose of vitamin D.